Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Beginning

I have delayed starting a blog but decided now was the time. There won't be lots for me to say and I don't expect many, if any, followers; but here goes!

My days @ Oakhills Farm are quiet and usually peaceful. My activities have been curtailed by the onset of lymphedema in my dominate arm and hand. I try to find positives in every situation and there are a few even in this one. My hubby has learned to do dishes quite well since I must wear a compression garment on my arm and hand and waterproof gloves don't fit over it very comfortably. I was also compelled to find someone to do major housecleaning chores as vacuuming and mopping aggravate the condition. The down side is that my gardening has also been curtailed and I do love to play in the dirt and see things grow that I have planted.

About six years ago, I started to scrapbook and it has become more important and more fun since it is one activity that does not affect my arm. A blog is required for some of the contests I would like to enter so that is the primary reason for beginning this blog. I look forward to learning how to personalize it and expect to have fun with this new endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. The blog helps to learn more about Ann. I'm so glad you're able to scrapbook and that your husband does the dishes! Best wishes my friend!

    ReplyDelete